Best Pre-Primary/Nursery School in Gurgaon
Nursery (LKG):At the Sixth Element, our curriculum & operating practices are state of the art and in partnership with you (dear Parent) we devlep them with our unique engaging methodology & activity filled days while inculcate joy of learning and make each day fun filled and memorable. We want to equip our children with strong foundations of intellectual & physical development as well as lifelong enjoyment of learning!
Sharing the Annual Nursery Curriculum overview, this will serve as a useful reference for all. Along with the cognitive focus we would be laying emphasis on enrichment sessions to build on the motor skill development, social and emotional development and aesthetics and creative expressions.
In order to provide utmost care and attention to each child, we follow a specific Child: Counselor ratio which is as low as 1:8 at the toddler level.
Since even month on month differences can have a huge impact on a child’s learning we follow age specific programs.
Our curriculum is based on the following approaches:
- Integrated curriculum
- Experiential learning
The Integrated Curriculum: Approach is a vital part of our teaching. For instance, subjects like EVS are integrated with math, literacy, creative arts and social studies.
Experiential Learning: Experiential learning is emphasized through making models, projects, field trips etc…
Values and Life Skills lessons also become the key part of the curriculum.
KG (Jal):Along with the cognitive focus we would be laying emphasis on enrichment sessions to build on the motor skill development, social and emotional development and aesthetics and creative expressions.
Our Nursery & KG classes are classified as pre-primary, to give these children special attention they deserve as they prepare to enter class 1 in our primary wing
The Sixth Element’s school (daycare in Gurgaon) near golf course extension road learning methodology leverages child psychology best practices from Psychologists like Jean Piaget – who emphasized the importance of discovery; Vygotsky – who introduced role of social interaction in child development; and Bruner – who reinforced the role of the adult, in helping a child develop cognitively
Nursery (Agni): our curriculum & operating practices have a uniquely engaging methodology & activity filled days which inculcate joy of learning and make each day memorable. We equip our nursery children with strong foundations of intellectual, social & physical development.
KG (Jal):Along with enriching the above we lay emphasis on further build motor skills, social, emotional, aesthetic and creative aspects.
key features of our pre-primary wing in both our school campuses including the one in Sector 72 (Tata Primanti) and SouthCity1 are :
- Unique in Gurgaon single section (max 2 sections) classes in all our school campuses – for heightened focus on each child.
- Structured led engagement cum development curriculum with a specific daily activities, learning & play based schedule – so important through the 3-6 years age – when child’s brain, body & cognitive skills are developing exponentially and such daily engagement & learning is critical for building the foundation.
- Experiential engagement & learning with lots of activities, projects, story listening, discussions – with some activities also being done outdoors in our green campus environment
- Music & dance; art & creativity; fitness & foundation sports activities-including outdoors (such as crossfit & sports-seed fitness, ball throwing, catching, hitting – for strengthening their foundation so critical before they move into formal primary school – serious sports,balancing individual winning with team play.
- Facilitated by our trained lady affectionate teachers – who follow a specific daily/weekly laid out learning cum engagement plan.