The 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic has not only led to health crisis of immense proportion but affected the educational systems worldwide that resulted in widespread closures of schools and universities.
As of 28 March 2020, over 1.7 billion learners were out of school due to school closures in response to COVID-19. According to UNESCO monitoring, over 100 countries have implemented nationwide closures, impacting nearly 90% of the world’s student population.
But to tackle this situation head on and not let the studies of students get affected, our team at TSE has curated following list of activities for students to stay busy during this quarantine:
1. Our teachers will be sharing worksheets/fun activities for different age groups and launch learning modules online via Zoom or Google meets.
2. Set up video play-date or virtual story session with other parents at opportune hours during the day
3. Check out amazing collection of audio-books on amazon for kids
4. Involve children while cooking and share with them the science behind ingredients
5. And for children above age 4, parents will shortly be receiving a free trial of Curious Times (Children’s Newspaper)
Share with us your thoughts and views on how to make these difficult times full of fun and learning for children while at the same time not compromising with their safety.